Hardin Family Travels


View Hardin Family Travels in a larger map

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mom and dad go home today...

Well, today is a big day. Craig and I will have to leave the hospital and Kay today. It is bitter sweet. I am so excited to go home and be in my own bed. I have really struggled with getting any rest here. I am hopeful that what the nurses say is true- when I get home I will crash and not be able to move. Last night I was so excited because they were not going to have to check my vitals every couple hours for the first time in days. I thought for sure I would get some rest. Instead I could not get the thought of leaving Kay out of my mind. Craig and I spent a long time together last night talking about and preparing ourselves to leave. I think no matter how much prep we do it is still going to be the hardest thing we will have ever done so far. Our hearts, minds, and bodies are exhausted and life as parents has just begun!

We are trying to figure out how to best manage our visits to the hospital over the next several weeks. We have some prep work at home we need to do before she joins us and we have to find the fine balance between the valuable time she gets with us to bond and the very important rest time she gets while in her bed. I have no doubt we will be able to get it worked out.

I will try to post more pictures and stories of our last day here. Keep us in your thoughts on this important day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi to all! Kay is so wonderful! This is a tricky time, but no worries, you will have it all figured out. I am so glad she is here and you got some snuggle time in! Get all you can, and all the rest you can. We couldn't donate our cord either, so I know how you feel. I also know how tough it is to leave her there and go home without her, but you will have her home soon, and she is in good hands. Also, Adaline had skinny legs at first, but you know how chunky they are now! :) They grow so quickly! Adaline is excited to meet Kay Ellen, and we are too!

    ReplyDelete