Hardin Family Travels


View Hardin Family Travels in a larger map

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dreaming of...

...a healthy baby and a cheeseburger :)

I am still on my jello, clear liquids, and broth diet. Man am I hungry! My stomach has been growling at me all day. I am already dreaming of what food I am going to request as soon as I get to eat again. I am also thankful I know two excellent dentists because I don't think I have ever had more sodas, jello, and Italian ices in such a short amount of time. I can feel my cavities at work :) I have been trying to get every calorie I can out of my "liquid" choices.

Well, we are still waiting...they declared me stable enough to get an ultrasound a few hours ago. The specialist downstairs gave our baby a grade of C vs A for two main reasons. The heart, weight, etc. looked looked as it should, but the water surrounding it was very low and the baby did not practice its breathing for the 30 minutes we were having the ultrasound done. We told them that the baby had hiccups twice last night so we know the diaphragm is working. Their hope was it was asleep and resting. They wanted me hooked back up to the monitors as soon as I got upstairs and we are still waiting to hear from our doctor on their opinions. The babies heart is still beating happily away right beside me so that is very comforting.

We still haven't gotten more than a few minutes cat nap. Every time I settle in to fall asleep I get a contraction and every time Craig gets settled in they seem to come in to check on everything.

I thought I would post a picture of my view of Craig from my bed. He has a very fancy "pleather" or plastic leather recliner to hang out in.


I will post more when we hear from the doctor as long as we are in the "hurry up and wait" pattern...

Thanks for the continued love and support. Baby Hardin needs all it can get!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there friends! We've been thinking about you just about every time we look out the back windows of our house :) What an advantage to have a physical reminder to think and pray for you and baby Hardin! Let us know if you need us to do anything. Take care! Carla and Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I hear you on the clears... I was on them for 2 days... the fact they put it on a tray was funny to me. It was no dinner!! Crazy thing is all I wanted after the baby was born was cold drinks... I had no appetite. I really only got that back a few days ago. I will keep checking in!

    ReplyDelete