Hardin Family Travels


View Hardin Family Travels in a larger map

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Baby is still cooking!

Well, we made it through the night. I had contractions pretty consistently every 20 minutes throughout the night. Although I woke up for most of them, my sleep medicine really helped me catch a few minute naps between them. Craig was a trooper too. He did not get a lot of sleep, but did get a few hours of shut eye between all the nurse checks and me making it through contractions.

We met with my doctor this morning. My favorite doctor is on call today. She is letting me eat a light breakfast again. They have taken more blood and continue to check vitals, temperature, and tenderness in the belly. As long as there is no change, they are going to keep baby Hardin cooking. If anything starts to turn, they will induce immediately. My doctor seemed very positive with the progress so far and said she felt very comfortable if we had to induce today because we have bought so much time.

At this point, the baby is not really gaining weight, but just putting its energy toward developing and getting ready for the outside world.

We continue to lay and rest and hope things continue like this...The more relaxed I am, the lighter the contractions and more spread out. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!

3 comments:

  1. Still thinking and praying for you and Baby Hardin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is tough to get any rest with all the checkins...but hang in there because it is all worth it! Shane and I are still thinking of you all and Adaline is looking forward to meeting her new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys! I had to find a coffee shop so that I could get on the internet and check out your blog. (we are in Lake Lure with no internet) So glad to hear you are doing ok and we are definitely praying for a safe and healthy delivery! We look forward to meeting Baby Hardin!

    Love, Kim, Todd & Hannah

    PS. I think it's a boy. They never follow directions:)

    ReplyDelete