We decided to check out the international dragon boat races on Saturday. We (along with everyone else in Hong Kong) went to Stanley to check it out. Thankfully, we are up early so we beat most of the crowds. We just stayed for a few hours and left as most people were coming. I am sure it got to be so crowded you could not move later in the day (judging by the amount of water and beer they had ready for the crowds!)
It was very neat to hear the drums beat as they row the boats. There were apparently over 200 teams competing. It is "good luck" to swim in the ocean during the race. I think Kay got enough good luck for all three of us. The morning began with me having to buy a new set of clothes for her! I enjoyed my perch on the beach while Kay and Craig played in the sand/water. It was a very fun Saturday as a family.






No comments:
Post a Comment