Hardin Family Travels


View Hardin Family Travels in a larger map

Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Routines...

Well, if it is one thing the Hardin's are good at it is projects! Unfortunately, they followed us to Hong Kong. We said how wonderful it was going to be to not have house projects when we rent etc. etc. before we moved. The curtains are a long story however it ended in us buying a hammer drill and doing it ourselves. The previous owners so kindly left us their curtains so we just had to figure out how to hang them. Let's just say there is no Home Depot to go buy everything you need! It is not like at home where they give you mini blinds with your apartment! We were tired of no one getting sleep because of the bright lights and sun. We decided not to wait any longer for a handyman (I married one!)


Our view is beautiful at night and very bright!

New Foods...

The store has been an adventure for me. Things are labeled differently, there are new fruits and veggies that I do not know how to cook or what they are. Meats are sold differently. I feel like I am learning how to cook again. Things are never in the place you think they would be.

Can you find the taco shells?


An entire section of campbell's soup. I got excited until I realized I only recognized a few kinds!

This one made me laugh because you would NEVER see something advertised as "hi cal" in the US.

Who could resist...steak flavored chips.

Hard to read the sign on this one. Another one I could not resist as I adjust to my new role. The top middle cake is called "housewife cake"

Here is the path we take to get down to the main shopping area. Kay says "tree on it" every time we walk down these steps...


Very big hill we walk every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment