Hardin Family Travels


View Hardin Family Travels in a larger map

Friday, May 24, 2013

The girl never forgets....anything!

Two days ago (while cutting fingernails):
Kay:  "Mama, we can't cut this nail because it has a bandaid."
Me:  "Ok, we can cut it when we take the bandaid off"

Last night (while stalling for bed after being tucked in):
Kay: "Daddy, we forgot to cut my fingernail"
Craig: "What fingernail?"
Kay: "Mama said to cut it after the bandaid.  The bandaid is gone"
Emily: "Kay, we will cut it in the morning.  Bedtime!"

This morning (before any other words are spoken):
Kay: "Time to cut my fingernail"
Me:  "Good morning to you too!  Ok, lets cut your fingernail"

Kay is also our personal assistant when mornings get crazy.  She remembers where anything is around the house ("Kay, where are my keys"..."on the stairs daddy").  Last night during dinner Craig and I made up a pretty complex story and she then said she wanted to tell us a story.  She repeated the entire store Craig and I made up almost word for word!  I wish I had her memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment