Hardin Family Travels


View Hardin Family Travels in a larger map

Monday, November 7, 2011

The name of the game....survival!

Our plan for this week is..survival! We are all exhausted and waking up in the middle of the night. Kay is not napping well either. She is in a new "big girl bed" and has fallen out twice. Thankfully, it is very low to the ground.

We accomplish about 1 thing a day and are excited when that is done. Everything is a learning process. There is no Target to stop and get everything at! So far we have successfully 1) set up a cell phone for me 2) purchased shampoo and soap (I had assumed that would be included since they described our flat as an "hotel" type experience)(this was harder than it sounds) 3) Figured out the metro and purchased a card for me to be able to ride it easily 4) bought a printer 5) bought umbrellas 6) bought adapter plugs

One tired little girl....We are trying to find the best way to get Kay around the city. I look longingly at the other children that are not jet lagged, sleep deprived, used to walking all over and not getting tired, and used to holding their parents hand at all times. Kay will get there, but right now we are struggling! On day 1 we took our stroller in hopes it would speed up the process. Well, this is not a stroller friendly city. Steps everywhere! Day 2 we took the ergo which helped, but Kay kept wanting in it and out of it over and over. Day 3 Craig had to go into work for a bit so I lugged a 27 lb sleep deprived, wiggly child all over trying to find my way around. I now completely understand why there are foot massage places everywhere!

Small victories...I am so proud of myself! While Craig was at work I managed to get Kay to two pediatrician offices. I wanted to have one ready to call in case there is an emergency. After entering the same building three times I finally realized it was the right place. Buildings and streets are marked very differently here. I have never been so thankful for GPS on my phone! I am not in love with them yet so I think I will keep looking...

Will try to post pictures of our flat soon...Here are some pictures of Kay in the morning (happy) and afternoon (exhausted).



1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for keeping us posted! Love seeing your pictures. I know it must be very frustrating right now but you guys are going to have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete