Well, we survived the first week at home with two kids! I have been really sick with a cough head/chest cold. It is pretty unfair to be so sick while recovering from giving birth. I am starting to turn the corner (the lack of sleep has not helped with this!). I am going to be glad when I am healthy and just sleep deprived instead of sleep deprived and unhealthy! Craig started back at work today (he took one week off). We will see how I do with two once he starts traveling to China again!
It has been amazing the difference between a NICU baby and a full term baby. It also helps that this is baby number two. Everything seems to go so much smoother. The biggest difference is the feeding. Poor Kay had such a hard time with the nursing it consumed our days. Marissa is a champ and was almost back to her birth weight in just 5 days!
Kay thinks it is fun to sleep in a mask now. She got this from the airplane. We laugh saying she is getting her "beauty sleep"
One of the great things about living in Hong Kong is learning about different cultures from around the world. Kay's school learned about Diwali and she came home with the red dot on her forehead. She wore if for a couple of days before wanting to take it off.
Celita was amazing during my many many weeks of bed rest. She helped keep the house running and helped watch Kay so I could follow the doctors orders!
My friend brought Kay a "Big Sister Cake". Kay was very excited!
Kay wanted to have a special dinner when Marissa came home from the hospital. We turned out the lights and had a candle lit dinner. She sang happy birthday to her new sister too!
Reading books to Marissa...
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







.jpg)






So sweet! We can't wait to meet Marissa (and see Kay again)!
ReplyDeleteAnd John Martin is excited about the safe arrival of his girlfriend.
ReplyDelete