Hardin Family Travels


View Hardin Family Travels in a larger map

Thursday, February 9, 2012

A very Hong Kong Saturday...

We started out our morning by having Kay open her red envelopes for Chinese New Year. Craig's co-workers were so sweet and included Kay in the tradition.

We had lunch at a very local restaurant. I was so impressed with Craig's Chinese and how far it has come! He ordered our entire meal in Chinese- no English in this restaurant! When you walk in the restaurant you see a bunch of small tables with stools. You sit with anyone at any table. When you tell what you want, they just yell it out loud to the kitchen. A few minutes later... a yummy lunch appears! Notice the meat hanging in the window... I am sure one of those I ate.

Look at all the people! This is to get into the MTR in Mongkok (a huge shopping area)


We stopped for a snack on the sidewalk. We only ate the waffles which are DELICIOUS! When you come visit us we will get one!

We also had a bubble tea. The little black things on the bottom are tapioca pearls- delicious!

We took Kay to the market to pick out her watch (her reward she has been working toward with not sucking her thumb). She was SO excited to have so many choices. She ended up with a pink watch with frogs on it. She was one proud little girl!

We bought one! How can you not resist?? There are people on almost every street with microphones selling stuff. We always have to stop because they gather such a crowd and Kay is mesmerized by the microphone. This one seemed handy enough and we could not leave without experiencing the sidewalk, microphone purchase in Hong Kong. We are now the owners of a wine stopper that suctions the air out of the bottle!

You never know what you are going to see in Hong Kong. We came out of the subway and were greeted with music from the Wan Chai band!

While walking home today I saw this man delivering meat. I must be honest and say it still turns my stomach inside out when I see it. I know when we eat out, this is what we are eating! I am adjusting...

This is a pretty bad picture, but I am willing to publish because of what it shows - our first date night in over three months!! It was wonderful!

I have been working on teaching Kay to calm herself before bed. We have been practicing taking deep breaths (now that she has them down they usually lead to many yawns) and closing our eyes. This is how she closes them...

No comments:

Post a Comment