Tuesday, March 15, 2011
What is Kay up to these days?
Kay has changed a lot in the past few weeks. Her speech is really taking off, but her ability to interact with us is where we see the biggest difference. These days she loves helping to dress herself (or at least try) and she LOVES helping to put on her lotion. When I say "lets go for a walk" it is a mad scramble of an excited Kay running around the house to collect all necessary items. She starts at my closet to get my walking shoes, then heads to find my keys, then goes to the coat closet to get our coats, and finally her hat. When I say its time to clean up after a meal she grabs a towel and attempts to wipe the table and then goes to the closet and gets the broom out. I think I am going to invest in a small broom so she can actually help me sweep the floor. She tries, but our broom is too big. Whenever she sees a piece of trash on the floor she picks it up and takes it to the trashcan. I am waiting for the day when I find something that is not trash in the trashcan. She is also starting to really sing along to music. We will be riding in the car and she will be humming along with the song. Some of her new words are "spoon", "jeans", "swing", "chair", "Bailey"(our friends dog), "hot", and "keys". She has had a few time out sessions as she begins to test the waters with hitting. Kay is also getting really good at giving hugs. She will randomly come up to our legs and give us a big hug. It warms our heart! We feel so blessed to have such a happy and healthy little girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment