Hardin Family Travels


View Hardin Family Travels in a larger map

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thank you daycare!

We take Kay to a home daycare that we absolutely love. The ladies that watch the kids are so sweet and love the kids so much. Sometimes Kay is so excited to go that she won't even tell Craig kiss goodbye in the morning, she is too busy trying to see Ms. Melinda and Ms. Lora. Thankfully, we know she still wants to come home with us instead of stay there because she always squeals in excitement when she sees me come in the door. I know she loves it there and they take great care of her.

The good thing about daycare is I often get little surprises about new things that Kay has learned....

I brought Kay home last week and tried to wipe her runny nose. When I put the tissue up to her nose she blew in it and then squealed with excitement. Thank you daycare for teaching Kay how to blow her nose! It makes life so much easier! Now, we just have to teach her what is appropriate to blow her nose on. She thinks it is so fun that she picks up everything in sight and practices...gross...we are working on that...

I asked daycare when they start putting the kids on mats to sleep because I thought it might be a good idea to practice some at home to help with the transition. Well, I learned that she was already taking one nap a day there and they were transferring her once she was asleep to a mat like all the big kids. Thank you daycare for teaching Kay how to take one nap a day and making my life easier!

Today, Kay came home with a baby pumpkin (the kids decorated them). Kay's pumpkin had no decorations (Ms. Melinda said she wasn't into the decorations). She held the pumpkin up when I picked her up to show me. She was so proud of it! Thank you daycare for teaching Kay to appreciate a masterpiece (even if it had no decorations on it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment